I apologize in advance – this is the third fruit/herb mix that I’ve posted in a row. But on the other hand, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Fruit and herbs are delectable together, and I’m here to make sure more people get to experience their complementary awesomeness.
I’m from the mountains, where in June there is still snow up high and a chill still rides the breeze. Here where I live in Slovakia, June can be the hottest month and it’s dripping humid. I’ve gotten used to it, or rather I should say, the uncomfortableness of hot weather doesn’t compare to being 8 months pregnant in 35C (95F) with an almost two year old and no A/C.
Cold fruity treats like these strawberry sage popsicles help us get through the heat smiling.
Note: sage is not recommended for those who are pregnant. It also decreases breast milk production, so if you are trying to increase breast milk, avoid sage as well.
Note 2: I added water, as popsicles disappear quickly with four kids, but for a stronger strawberry flavour leave it out, or put in less.
- 700g / 3 generous cups hulled strawberries
- 3 tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups water (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender/food processor. Process until smooth.
- Taste test for sweetness. Note: the sage flavour will get weaker as it freezes.
- Pour into popsicle molds and put in the freezer until frozen.
Originally a guest post on Whole New Mom
Shared at Paleo AIP Recipe Roundup